7.02.2014

Wednesday Inspiration: SLIP DRESSES

One day when I have the time to put together a Collection for Spring/Summer ( I'm guessing it won't be until late Winter 2015 ), I plan to design Slip Dresses for petites.  I think they are so sexy and comfortable and perfect for a Summer evening out for dinner and drinks, and also easy to pack for vacation.  

Below are some of my favorites that I am totally inspired by followed by some tips on how to style them!




* All images via Style.com


Style Tips For Wearing Slip Dresses

1.  You see it in the inspiration pictures above how great these dresses look with a strappy heel.  They are meant to be worn with a strappy heel.  Why, you ask?  Thin spaghetti straps at the shoulders definitely call for straps on the shoes down at the feet.  Wearing shoes that are thick and clunky just don't mesh well.  Of course, if you are wanting to pull off a 90's grunge look, Doc Martens always work well if that is the look you are going for.  

2.  Cover up with a blazer, or a cropped jacket for night time if you are nervous about bare shoulders or don't like your arms.  



Hope you enjoyed the quick tips and I hope you are all doing well!  I am busy yet again.  This time, I am adding healthy eating, working out and trying to learn fashion design all at the same time.  I really wish there were more hours in the day to get things done.  Women really should walk around everyday in a Superwoman cape as we are all superheroes in my eyes, especially if you have kids and are trying to do it all!  I will be back soon with an outfit post!  



15 comments:

  1. love the simplistic of it<3

    kelpasdiary.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing fashion keep in touch.
      http://tifi11.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Hope you come up with a collection soon..
    Slip dress are so easy and breezy to wear in summers
    As you said I love to wear a blazer over it
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you Pip with wanting more hours in the day... I should be sleeping... not that I sleep but still I should be resting :) But I don't like to fall behind :)

    I love the slip dresses and I agree they should be worn with a strappy heel... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think slip dresses are so chic and elegant. Love your inspiration!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous, love the second one :) Perfect for summer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slips are gorgeous, I totally agree! Was in love with the second- I think its preen right? Great blog post! :) Following you now on GFC!

    www.junkjournal100.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. These dresses are great but not for my curvy body! These look good and those with an even structure ! :D

    would you like to follow each other on GFC??

    Let me know on www.moonshineandsunlight.com and i'll follow you back
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Pip:). let's me give you a hug! It has been so long. We sure is needed more than 24 hrs/day..48 hurs sounds awesome to me lol... OMG, I love love the slip dresses so much, such a retro and 20s vibes and i totally agree with your tips here. Me and my hubby took ours boys to see fireworks last night - it was fun to see the twins were excited about the fireworks. Hope you and your hubby take your little man to see that too.. Such a amazing feeing to just to see the little once happy:). wishing you not to busy:), just have me be the only one who is crazy busy :)..

    Hugs! http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quero conferir a sua coleção Primavera/Verão ! Really very beautiful!
    http://garotadonzela.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tips, I love this trend!!!!
    Happy WE darling!!!
    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so stunning! Definitely great tips on how to style too!

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow .is this a international dress show ? well petite wedding dresses cheap

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your day to visit and to comment on my blog! I really do appreciate you stopping by. :)