2.24.2014

Spring 2014 Cropped Look

I have to admit that I didn't used to like the idea of wearing a crop top last year, but after they have been seen over and over again on the Runways, I have fallen in love.  Below is a new outfit I made special for myself for Spring 2014.  It includes a little bit of Spring colors, prints and the popular crop top!  Of course, it is 19 degrees out yet again and I cannot imagine wearing this out ever with how cold and long this Winter has been.  ;(  But, I am so proud that I was able to sew this 2 piece set, as I am trying so hard to learn sewing as fast as possible.  I messed up a few areas, but tried my best to fix them and you can't really tell where the mistakes are.  In a weird way, I enjoy making mistakes though, because it is how you learn anything.  I hope to eventually put out a collection for each of the Seasons once I have mastered down the techniques I want to learn and master, but this will come with time.  I'm also wearing one of my new favorite bracelets from Choies that I have wanted for a long time now.  I love studs and this chain bracelet is not over-the-top punk, so I really wanted to snag it up while it was still available.  I think studded bracelets are a must-have for any woman's jewelry collection.
Have a great Monday and see you Thursday!  



Style Tips

 The key to wearing a crop top if you are comfortable wearing them, is to find one that fits you perfectly.  I personally believe wearing one with just an inch or slightly more of skin showing is the classiest way to wear one.  Of course, a high-waist skirt or pant is the perfect pairing with a crop top and it's up to you to figure out what you are most comfortable wearing with it.  

I added a chambray jacket over top to show you how you can take this Spring/Summer outfit into night time hours.  



Items Worn For Today's Look

2 Piece Set:  New Outfit I designed
Jacket:  Forever 21
Shoes:  BCBG 
Bracelet:  Thanks to Choies!



Thanks for stopping by today and have a 
wonderful day! 






32 comments:

Jackie Harrison said...

You did amazing on the design of your outfit it looks beautiful on you and the crop top great job not overexpose just right look classy and beautiful.
http://tifi11.blogspot.com

Helder Pereira Coelho said...

Amazing! It looks so great when you wear it! Creat desing dear

http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/

Caramella said...

You are so talented! I would love to make my own clothes.

www.hungrycaramella.blogspot.com

Janet Taylor said...

Perfect! Nice work!

Katarína Jakubčová said...

Nice pastel cropped top and skirt.
Well done!
katharine-fashionisbeautiful

Sofia said...

This look is just so cute ! You're beautiful :) <3

Hope you have a great day, greetings from Paris,
Sofia
http://nuagedemoutons.blogspot.fr/2014/02/j20-bury-bone.html

Pooja Mittal said...

I think I have mastered the art of sewing , this set looks gorgeous..
You are absolutely right making mistakes is the best way to learn different things
Keep in touch
www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

Boheme.Fille said...

Really nice! I love the top!

Constance Murphy said...

I love the top, you did an amazing job it's gorgeous and you look stunning!

http://www.mursway.com/

Diana Ashuayem said...

Great look. Love the crop top.
Effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

Launna said...

Pip girl you are talented... before you know it you will be designing your own wardrobe... I liked learning from the mistakes in sewing too.. it helped to pick it up quickly... I miss sewing :)

Launna said...

Pip, thank you so very much for the incredibly beautiful comment you wrote... you are right, I forgot about the law of attraction and the Secret... I really need to get specific... I am sick of the quality of men that have messaged me, I expect only the best... Thank you again Pip... I always enjoy your comments too :)

Elle said...

Pip, Love that gorgeous outfit you made!, I am so impressed. The okay pattern is gorgeous , and I loved the studded bracelet!
XX, Elle

http://mydailycostume.com

Alice Barton said...

you designed it? you did an amazing job! well done! :) xx
Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

Francesca Romana Capizzi said...

Pip as I told you befor you did an excellent job! I love this two pieces suit!
Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Facebook
Bloglovin'

Tanya said...

Pip! it shows how much talent you are. You should have proud, I'm proud of you! It really does look beautiful on you, no I cannot tells what you've messed:). Cropped top is been for while, I remember I bought a few from last year:). Thanks for our beautiful friendship sweet pip! when you've a new post, if you don't see me first please come and get me. as we both know how much busy on our mommy job:). You've got my attention!

Have a blessed week to you!

Kisses1

http;//www.attraction2fashion.com

the chilicool said...

This look is perfect for you! Lovely!
Alessia
THECHILICOOL
FACEBOOK
Kiss

Paola Lauretano said...

Wow... Pip, you are really talented!!!!
Great job!!!!!!!
Perfect suit!!!!!!! <3!!!!!
Kisses doll!!!
Have a lovely day!!!

Lizzy said...

amazing! a perfect outfit!

Sam said...

You wear the cropped trend so well Pip, looks amazing on you and love your choice of fabric, well done on the exceptional sewing.Thanks for lending me your thoughts on my last post dear.

Simply Besos said...

lovely!!

Lia Crystal said...

You look so stunning in it. It perfectly suits you. You just did great job. :)
Fashion Happenss

awhite said...

I was like you- not sure about the crop top trend. But I'm more on board now when crops are cut a bit looser, like your box version- I think it makes them more modern. :)

-Ashley
http://lestylorouge.com

belinda said...

It's been a long while since I visited you here. This outfit is gorgeous, Pip.

Eternal Girl Gift Card Giveaway.

Manhattan Image and Style said...

Fabulous! What a great look love!

Diana
www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
New Blog Post: [My Outfit] A Pink Monday

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You look stunning doll, love this look xx

kayleigh bestwick said...

I love, love, LOVE this design. I am getting into sewing myself. I got a new Brothers sewing machine this Christmas and my tailors mannequin arrived this morning!

Check out my new blog:
http://thefinderskeepersfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

Kayleigh. x

Marta Purriños Hernández said...

like a princess
ADDICT BE ICONIC BLOG

Seepz said...

Pip, I love this outfit on you. I saw your post on Facebook and came to see how you wore it! This is Fabulous and gives me confidence to give crop tops a try!

You are so talented! Have a great day.

~ Seepz
Savoir Style

Anna Martin said...

You did such a wonderful job with these <3 It's nice to see it all come together on an actual model. I love the subtle window pane print in the skirt!

- Anna

www.melodicthriftychic.com

Jurgita K. said...

Lovely :)
Muilo Burbulai

Saretta Thais said...

I love this! What an excellent job you did! Keep up the great work; I'm excited to see what you'll create next. ;)

xo Saretta
The Lion in Jewels
http://thelioninjewels.com